New to roller skating and want to pick up some tips? Never skated before but have always wanted to try?
Perth Roller Derby's learn to skate classes are back this January. The one-hour classes focus on fundamental roller skating skills and safety for beginner and intermediate skaters and are open to all genders 18 years and over. Don't have your own gear? We have skates and wrist guards available to loan.
Sunday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of January. 6:00 PM arrival to gear up and be ready for a 6:30 PM start.
Morley Rollerdrome - 95 Catherine St, Morley.
COST $15 per session - skate hire included. Cash or EFTPOS available (physical card required).
FAQs - Do I need to book? - There is no need to book in advance, however, there is some paperwork to fill before your first session.
- Can I come if I'm a total beginner? - Absolutely! We're here to help you get comfortable and take your first step away from the rail.
- I have a little bit of skating experience, will it be suitable for me? - Yep! We structure our sessions so we can accommodate skaters with varying levels of experience.
- Do I have to go to all of the sessions? - Nope! They are casual drop-in lessons, so you can come to just one or attend them all.
- What do I need to bring? - While we have skates and wrist guards available to borrow, you are welcome to bring your own skates and protective gear. We'll get sweaty so bring lots of water!
- Wait... Will you hit me? - Don't worry, these are strictly non-contact sessions. No derby hits allowed!
Keep up to date via the Facebook event.